Terms and condition
1. The conditions for participation in the competition are set out below.
2. MindCET and Partners (together the "Organizers"), through the competition website – GlobalEdTechAwards.org – are holding a competition to find the most promising startups in EdTech for 2022.
3. The competition will take place in the facilities and during the periods shown on the competition website. The Organizers may change the above dates, at their own discretion, and no claims by any participant shall be permitted in connection with such a decision.
4. Any person may nominate a startup in the EdTech field, using the startup nomination form on the competition website. The winners of the competition will be the founders of the winning startups.
5. Prize winners (if any) will receive the prize stated currently on the competition website or will be added to the website on a later date, before the end of the competition.
6. The nominator of the startup is responsible for any and all content that they upload.
7. The competition Organizers may reject the nomination of a startup which, in their sole opinion, is not in the EdTech field. No appeals will be permitted against non-inclusion in the competition.
8. Startups participating in the competition will be publicized on the competition’s website..
9. Website users may be given the option of critiquing and ranking the uploaded clips, subject to the decision of the Organizers. In that case, it will be forbidden for participants to vote for their own clip, or to manipulate or influence the ranking of the clips in any way, including through other parties.
10. Only startups that are posted to the competition website between the application open and close dates as shown on the competition website, will participate in the competition. The Organizers may change the above dates, at their sole discretion, and no claims by any participant shall be permitted in connection with such a decision.
11. All decisions relating to the administration of the competition, including, but not limited to, nomination, selection of winners, publication or any other decision, shall be made exclusively and solely by the Organizers at their sole discretion and no claims by any participant shall be permitted in connection with any of the above stated.
12. The Organizers shall not be required to provide any explanation or clarifications with respect to their decision as to the identity of the winner of the competition or regarding any other decisions under these terms and conditions, and no appeal may be made against any of their decisions.
13. The Organizers shall be entitled, at their sole discretion, to publish advertisements and/or reports and/or other publications with details regarding the competitionincluding aggregate Reports regarding trends analysis and global overviews of the EdTech market.
14. The Organizers shall be entitled to contact participants with invitations to special events and invitation to participate in special tracks within the competition.
15. In any case of discrepancy and/or inconsistency whatsoever between the provisions of these terms and conditions and any other publication, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
16. The Organizers shall be entitled, at any stage, to suspend and/or cancel the competition by providing a written notice of such is published on the competition website. No claims by any participant shall be permitted in connection with such a decision.
17. The Organizers shall be entitled to modify the terms and conditions for the competition, as set out herein, at their sole discretion, provided that a written notice of the change is published on the competition website.
18. The Organizers shall not be liable for any damages, injury to reputation, monetary or non-monetary loss, or any damage of whatever kind, caused to any participant as a result of and/or in connection with their participation or non-participation in the competition.
18. Selection of the startups shall be by a judging panel, as announced on the competition website.
19. General information:
Selection criteria: The product shall (1) Address a clear pain point, relevant to the market (2) Provide an innovative pedagogical approach (3) Have an outstanding user experience (4) Show potential for tremendous growth in their user base (5) Operate in the context of a sustainable business model
Selection of the winners shall be at the sole discretion of the judging panel, and the panel shall not be required to justify or provide any explanations or clarifications with respect to any of its decisions. Participants and/or their agents shall not have and hereby waive any right of appeal against the decision of the judging panel.
The Organizers of the competition shall be entitled, at their discretion, to make any use of the content uploaded to the website by users. Such use may include, but will not be limited to, commercial use, modification and editing, copying and distribution.
The prizes for the competition (if any) shall be as shown on the competition website. The prizes are personal awards and not transferable. Notice of winning a prize will be sent by e-mail to the applicable winners.